Human Resources Policy Manual Section-8 (TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT)
SECTION 8. TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
8.1 Objective. The main objective of training and development in _________ is to help develop key competencies which enable individuals to perform current or future jobs successfully. All training and development programs organized by the Human Resources Department will be geared towards the following objectives:
- To impart new entrants the knowledge and skill they need to perform their tasks;
- Strengthening the job skills/knowledge of employees;
- To lower the turnover and absenteeism and increasing the job satisfaction since training can improve the employee’s self esteem;
- Improving operational efficiency and productivity;
- Developing the potential of employees for maximizing mutual benefit to individuals and _________;
- Creating a pool of readily available and up‐to‐date replacements for personnel who may leave or move up in the organization.
- Policy. The basic policy in administering and implementing any type of training or development activity is in accordance with the strategic business objectives of _________. The Human Resources Department will work closely with Heads of Departments in assessing areas that need training and development support.
- Types of Training/Development Activities.
- Training/development activities can be employer or employee initiated. If initiated by the employee it has to be forwarded by the Heads of Departments, recommended Human Resources Department and approved by the Management.
- Employee initiated training/development activities may include external programs that are organized by external training institutes in home or abroad or by _________.
- Employer‐initiated programs may take the form of offering sponsorship for employees to attend external programs or organizing such programs in‐house.
- Depending on the nature of needs and operational requirements, training/development programs may also be implemented as job induction, job rotation, on‐the‐job training, counseling, individual or group projects, and secondment.
8.4 Training Abroad.
8.4.1 Policy. To cope up with the technology advancement, orientation with newly inducted machinery, to learn the developed production systems etc selected/nominated employees of _________ may be sent abroad for training. The expenses incurred may be borne solely by _________ or shared by the institution/organization conducting of offering the training. For such training abroad following policies will be observed:
- Selection/nomination shall lie with _________ Management.
- A ‘Non Disclosure and Service Agreement’ will be signed between the trainee and _________ mentioning the obligation of the trainee and a minimum period of time that the trainee has to serve in _________ on completion of the Training. (A specimen of the agreement is placed at Annex U).
8.4.2 Financial Entitlement. Once the arrangement for training abroad is finalized, following actions will be taken:
- Arrangement for passport, visa, medical and other formalities.
- Issuance of letter of ‘Financial Entitlement’ by HR Department to Accounts Department mentioning the items of entitlement, amount in foreign currency/BDT, the date by which the amount/fund to be made available, salary and other benefits during the training period etc.
Click for Next Section